Due to the COVID-19, we have made the following changes:
- Community service indoors has been stopped.
- Community service outdoors will continue, but no service workers will be allowed in storage buildings or garages
To set up court ordered community service please email NurseTy77@Octopuskids.org. Include the date and time you are wanting to come.
If you are wanting to do voluntary community service either for school or a project please email or call so that an appropriate task can be assigned that fits your individual needs.
Please note: We will not accept cash donations in exchange for community service hours. This practice is illegal. Please do not call and ask to do this.
NurseTy77@Octopuskids.org or 432-530-0970
- You must call or email 24 hours in advance.
- Be prepared to assist Nurses and Nurses aids taking care of medical patients.
- Wear good fitting cloths and tennis shoes and be dressed appropriately.
- Hair should be back in a pony tail.
- No excessive showing of skin. If you are dressed inappropriately for work, you will be sent home.
- Wear gloves at all times if you are doing anything where you may come in contact with body fluids.
- Ask the Nurses aids or Nurses for any tasks that need to be completed.
- Be ready to assist anyone you see working with patients where you can help.
Yard work/Grounds Keeping
Males usually opt to work outside, there is always plenty of yard work and grounds keeping to do.
- Be prepared to do outside work
- Bring plenty of water in the summer.
- There is always a possibility of snakes, wasps, and other wildlife in west Odessa.
- Use common sense when working outside and using tools and machinery.