Plan and Needs
This plan was reviewed and approved by Dr. Richard Lampe, Infectious Disease specialist of Lubbock Texas. The plan is 2 phases based on the situation with the Kids.
Phase I - Prevention
The main goal is to prevent the introduction of COVID-19 into the home. Expand for plan details.
The main goal is to prevent the introduction of COVID-19 into the home. There are to be no outside visitors and no non-essential personnel. Any nurse or nurses aid who feels any of the COVID-19 symptoms, fever, cough, or shortness of breath are to cease working immediately until they feel they are safe to work again. Any nurse who becomes seriously ill after they have stopped working should report it back to the home. Community service will be limited to outside work only, no community service workers are to be in the home, this includes the garage and storage areas. Please take this very seriously; no family, no visitors, no solicitors are to cross into the home.
Phase II - Containment
The main goal will be not to spread COVID-19 to the community. Expand for plan details.
The main goal will be not to spread COVID-19 to the community. If one of our kids shows signs and symptoms of COVID-19, we will implement phase II. All workers will need to decide if they are willing to run the risks of working in close contact with COVID-19. Each person will need to make this decision based on his or her own circumstances. We will not take the kids to the hospital, emergency rooms, or clinics. Dr. Lampe will be contacted and advise us from this point on. Each child will be treated on a case-by-case basis based on their circumstance. We will also quarantine the home. Nurses who fall into the high-risk category will be asked not to work and to stay home for their own health and safety. In addition to universal precautions, all nurses will need to wear masks to work.
Donate - Extra Supplies NeededContact: Ty Rodriguez, Children's GuardianPhone: 432-413-3758 Email: NurseTy77@OctopusKids.org
- Face Shields - we need 7-9 shields for each Nurse and Nurses aid to rotate them. Harbor Freight has a shield that meets our need, item# 62995, but any face shield of similar quality would be great.
- Wipes Sam's Club has a limit of 2 cases per customer. Our usual order is 12-15 cases of wipes per month.
- Bleach wipes/Bleach Limited at Sam's Club as well. Normal usage is 5 bleach wipe packs of 5 per day. Used to clean our equipment we could also use diluted bleach and spray bottles
- Paper Towels We use the Marathon paper towels from Sam's Club (Item # 980078481 )
- Cash donations - All unspecified cash donations will go to purchasing adult/baby wipes, Clorox bleach wipes, Lysol, and other disinfectants. Click Here to see how to donate money!
N-95 Masks High priority! We need 30 to 32 N-95 masks to protect Nurses and Nurses aids. Gowns Very limited. Any amount is greatly appreciated
Big thanks to the following for donations:
- The anonymous donor who purchased 50 protective gown! This critical donation will help to protect our kids, our nurses and our community
- An anonymous donor who paid the repair bill of $680 to fix the wheel chair lift for our van!